Have you heard that snacking is bad for you, or that you should cut out snacking from your life in order to be healthy?
At Jungly, we believe in moderation over deprivation: in eating, exercise, work, play and rest. Balance is key.
We couldn’t possibly imagine our lives without snacks, that wouldn’t be much fun. And the good news is- snacking can be REALLY good for you. Here’s why:
- It keeps your metabolism going. Having a small snack every few hours between meals helps burn calories. If you don’t eat often enough, your body goes into starvation mode and starts storing fat and calories, worried you’re not going to get more. You also then tend to burn muscle instead of fat. A few small meals every few hours helps prevent this from happening.
- If you’re snacking between meals, you’re unlikely to overeat at meal time. If you make it through the day without snacking and reach dinner time starving, chances are you will overeat. But if you snack and keep yourself going through the day, you won’t be as hungry at meal time and so snacking can prevent you from overeating.
- Snacks can give you the energy boost you need between meals, provided you pick the right ones. For example, apples and peanut butter are a great pre workout snack and give you a healthy dose of energy to take on your workout. Jungly bars are also great at this.
- Snacks are just delicious. Certain snacks are yummy and sometimes you crave them. Give into your cravings now and then, just make sure to do it in moderation.
- Snacks provide an extra dose of nutrients if you choose the right ones. Fruits, nuts and jungly bars are all great options.
Remember: not all snacks are created equal, and choose the right snacks that do more than taste good, such as Jungly Delights. They’re wildly good.